Besides watching and sending YouTube videos on your PC or on the go, you are able to use your mobile devices as a remote control, which means sending YouTube videos to a paired TV or game console and adding videos to your TV queue. While other people can only do one thing at a time, you are doing several things on your paired device when watching a video on your TV.
Pair Devices Instructions
The pairing devices could be your phone, tablet or computer. You can pair a device to YouTube on your TV or game console.
- Launch the YouTube app on your TV or game console. Go to “Settings” and select “Pair device”.
- Visit www.youtube.com/pair(Click the link in Reference Links at the bottom of this page to be redirected to the official page) and enter the pairing code shown on the TV into the box. Click “Add this TV”.
Or you can try this way.
- Launch the YouTube app on your mobile devices or mobile web app at m.youtube.com. If you are using a computer, open youtube.com instead.
- Go to “Settings” or “Account Settings” and select “Connected TVs”. (On Android, you’ll need to select Add a TV after this step.)
- Enter the pairing code shown on your TV or game console.
You can automatically pair your mobile phone or tablet when you’re on the same Wi-Fi network as your supported TV or game console. Touch the Wi-Fi connection icon on your device to connect to the same Wi-Fi connection as your TV and play videos on your TV or game console. This icon is used to toggle videos between your device and TV. Click the YouTube icon on your device to browse other exciting content.
You can also remove or edit a connected TV. Refer to Reference Link 2 for assistance.